About the Cyber-Sicherheitsrat Deutschland e.V.
In August 2012, the Cyber Security Council Germany e.V. was founded by well-known personalities. The Berlin-based association is politically neutral and has the purpose of advising companies, authorities and political decision-makers in the field of cyber security and strengthening them in the fight against cyber crime.
The board of the Cyber Security Council Germany e.V. includes the co-founder of the association Hans-Wilhelm Dünn, as president, and Dr. Alexander Löw, founder and CEO of Data Warehouse GmbH, as vice president. The board is supplemented by Prof. Dr. Andre Döring, Commissioner for Data Protection and Startups as well as CEO of Robin Data GmbH, Philipp v. Saldern, Commissioner for Security and Defense Policy, Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Werner Weidenfeld, longtime advisor to various German governments and the European Union and coordinator of German-American relations for twelve years. They are members of the board as assessors.
The members of the association include large and medium-sized companies, operators of critical infrastructures, numerous federal states, municipalities as well as experts and political decision-makers related to cyber security. Through its members, the association represents more than three million employees from business and almost two million members of other associations and associations. The Cyber Security Council Germany e.V. informs and supports its members with a wide range of offers and aligns its activities to their operational and operational needs. The Cyber Security Council Germany e.V. informs and supports its members with a wide range of services and aligns its activities with their operational and business needs.
The Cyber Security Council Germany e.V. pursues the following goals:
- Intensification of cooperation between politics, public administration, business and science to improve IT protection
- Initiatives and projects to promote cyber security awareness
- Establishment of a Germany-wide cyber security network in a European and international context
- Knowledge platform, forum and network for association members
The Cyber Security Council Germany e.V. offers a range of measures to improve the IT and cyber security of companies and public institutions:
- Information events and discussion rounds on the topic of cyber security
- Industry or topic-related working groups to develop solution approaches
- Neutral platform and network for identifying cooperation partners
- Advice to political decision-makers
- Trips abroad for international exchange with decision-makers and company management on the subject of cyber security
- Organization of training courses on IT protection
- Awareness campaigns
- Creation of studies, analyzes and articles
- Commenting on laws or drafts